When I stated in my very first blog post here that this one was going to be a keeper, I have to admit that at the time I meant it. Seeing that I made that post over 3 years ago, I don't know what happened, nor will I care to make any excuse, and let's face it--no one was reading me anyway! But in a compulsive effort to save face, even if only with myself, here I am, writing once again.
What brought me back to my blog was actually my desire to know which Shakespeare plays I've read. I'm rating books on Goodreads.com in the hopes of finding some new literary goodies, and I couldn't for the life of me remember which of Shakespeare's plays I so eloquently reviewed all of those years ago. I'm glad to know that my effort to become more cultured and garner literary bragging rights paid off, seeing as those plays may have stayed fresh in my mind for all of a week.
A lot has happened since my Blogger disappearance, and while I made a commitment to avoid the disclosure of any personal information, an update is harmless. I'm now gainfully employed, at least for the time being, so that could be one reason for the writing hiatus. The previously mentioned boyfriend is gone and I met the love of my life who is now my husband. I finally graduated college, so I now have a BS in Public Policy (and boy is it ever BS!), and I have a new four-legged family member. Also, in June, some douche bag stole my Zune, dear readers, so you can only imagine how heartbreaking that is to me.
Reflecting on my posts from years ago has been an enlightening experience for me, I have to admit. After reading them, I can't help but feel I've somehow grown dumber since 2008. And considerably more boring. But maybe that's just a byproduct of not having as much time on my hands anymore. I find it difficult to keep up with new music, let alone have an opinion on it (oh no, is this my first foray into adulthood?!). I actually laughed out loud at some of the things I read on here, and not out of embarrassment--that girl was actually kind of funny! I don't mean to get all introspective and self-pitying, but I don't really know who that person is anymore, for better or worse.
I think when I got involved in politics, I started putting up walls to prevent the public at large from peering into my weird little head. Not that I was or ever have been anyone of note, but I think I assumed that keeping my head down and staying off the radar that I would avoid any distractions to campaigns I was working for or committees I belonged to. Unfortunately I think I tried so hard to be unassuming that now I have internalized it and lost track of the things that truly used to bring me enjoyment. You read it first here, folks; I'm done hiding and I have to get back to the art of being myself.
Appreciation... Songs of My Summer!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment